CGP Competition Entries: What you need to do.
What you will need to complete your entry
- 2 mobile devices with the WhatsApp app installed on each phone. (1 to video your entry and 1 to upload video and or images to entry form – (please see below “Compressing your video” for more details.)
- Letter marked arena (For dressage)
- 2nd person to video your class/test.
Videoing your entry for dressage
- When videoing your entry, please ensure the person who is taking the video stands at “C” (judge’s position) and is able to take a recording of the entire width and length of the arena. Video’s must be recorded in Landscape View.
- Please ensure that some zoom is shown on the video, and that the horse and rider is within the frame for the duration of the test.
Important Information: Compressing your video
Due to the file size of the videos you will require for both the dressage classes and in-hand showing classes, the videos must be compressed in size before uploading to our website. This can be done by WhatsApping the video from the mobile device the video was taken on to the mobile device you wish to submit your entry from. WhatsApp will automatically compress the video size while sending, allowing for easy and fast uploading of your video to our site.
Uploading your Video and submitting your entry
Once your videos and photographs have been sent via WhatsApp to the desired mobile device, you will need to download the video by clicking down arrow located in the bottom left hand corner of the Video. Your video will then be stored in your Gallery. Images automatically download to your Gallery once the phone has received the them via WhatsApp.
Submitting your entry
- Visit our website cgpequestrian.ie and select our Competitions Page.
- Choose which discipline you are competing in.
- Click the button Enter Competition
- The Entry Form will load on a new page.
- You will be asked to provide your details within this form.
- Ensure you select the correct class which you desire to enter from the drop-down menu provided.
- Here you will also be asked for your video/photo uploads located in your Gallery (Important: Depending on the speed of your internet connection, please allow each file to be uploaded before adding the next).
- Once your videos and photos have been successfully uploaded, you will then be asked for your payment details. Once these details are provided, your entry is then valid for submission.
- Press the Submit Button (Important: Depending on the speed of your internet connection, please allow time for the submission to go though).
- Once your submitted entry is complete, you will be redirected to a confirmation of your submission. Here you will also be given the option to submit another entry.
- Shortly after your entry is complete, you will receive a confirmation of your entry via email along with a payment receipt.
If any amendments need to be made to your submission at this stage, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your entries, please contact us and we will guide you through the process.
Important: CGP Equestrian accepts no responsibility and are not liable for any accidents or incidents that may take place to either the competitor or the person videoing during the recording of your entry.
We wish all our competitors the best of luck!
The CGP Team